Marketing automation solutions can deliver incredible results such as increased productivity, targeted engagement, sales and marketing alignment, and a better idea of what is and isn’t working for your business.
To make the most out of marketing automation, it’s important to first identify your goals and objectives. By making a clear list of the outcomes you are hoping for, you can find a solution that meets your needs and can help you to reach your marketing goals.
Your goals might be quite general such as wanting to drive more traffic to your website, or they might be more specific such as the desire to integrate marketing automation with a particular software package that’s an integral part of how your business runs.
Before diving headfirst into marketing automation, it’s a good idea to make a checklist so you can decide what exactly you need from your marketing automation solution. This will help you to define your goals for the short-term and future, compare different automation solutions, and form the basis of your ongoing marketing strategy.
1. Usability and Ease
The most sophisticated solution is not necessarily the one that’s right for you. You have to consider how well the system you choose will integrate with your business needs.
Ask yourself the following questions when looking into potential integrated marketing automation systems to decide what functionality you really need:
- Forms – can it collect information from your website?
- Landing Pages– are you able to direct traffic based on segmentation?
- Email deliverability – can it ensure your messages are being received? Does it offer solutions for low deliverability rates?
- Batch emails – is it possible to send large batches of emails and track and report opens, clicks, and other data?
- Email trigger– can emails be automatically triggered based on user behaviour?
- Social – can it capture engagement and segment scores based on interactions such as referrals and share buttons?
2. Campaign Targeting
Targeting can mean the difference between a highly successful campaign and a flop. If you use Facebook, you’ve probably seen one of those ads for a t-shirt with an incredibly specific printed message such as “I was born in 1985, drink coffee, and like cats”. These t-shirts have become a hugely successful business idea because they are so highly targeted.
So, how do you know that your marketing automation platform will help you to develop a campaign that will reach the right person at the right time?
- Does it segment your database correctly based on demographics, behaviour, or other criteria?
- Can it provide content nurturing so that you respond to a lead with the right type of content?
- Does it have the ability to ensure your emails, content, and landing pages are personalised in real time?
- Can it track cross-channel behaviours for your campaigns?
3. Team Integration
Unless you work entirely solo, you’ll also have to consider how your team will work with your marketing automation solution and if it has the potential to grow with your business:
- Is it easy for your marketing and sales team to use?
- Does it allow for multiple users to work with the platform at the same time?
- Will it let you design workflows that allow your team to collaborate, annotate, and edit each other’s work – maintaining version control?
- Does it offer a trial period so you can test its ability and functionality?
Choosing a Marketing Automation Platform
Have you considered or tested a Marketing Automation platform for your business?
Here at Swift Digital, we can help you create the perfect marketing automation platform packed with the right features to make it a success!
To find out how your business can get the best out of Swift Digital’s platform, contact our team today on 02 9929 7001.