4| Minute Read
If you’re searching for free online photo editors, you probably need to do a quick edit like adding text or fixing a blemish.
There are plenty of free online photo editors like photoshop available, but the best one for you depends on your needs.
You’ll find that some are great for improving selfies, others are better at adding text, and some have features found in professional software like Adobe Photoshop.
This post looks at eight free online photo editors and recommends the best solution depending on your requirements.
Online Photo Editors
Canva – Ideal for team collaboration.
Adobe Photoshop Express – Ideal for quick edits on mobile.
Instasize – Great for social media images.
Pixlr – The best browser-based solution for quick edits.
piZap – A good option for novices.
Photopea – The best free browser alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
Fotor – One-click photo editing for quick results.
BeFunky – Good solution for producing creative assets.
Best free online photo editor for collaborating with teams.
Canva is a popular online design and publishing solution, with a free online photo and image editor as part of the package. Canva’s users have created over 1 billion designs since the tool launched in 2013.
Canva’s free service gives you 250,000 templates to customise and 5GB of cloud storage to save your designs.
The online free photo editor requires registration; then, you can apply filters, resize images, and add text overlays.
If you like Canva and opt to pay the $99 annual subscription, you can schedule social media posts, create brand kits, and use 100GB of cloud storage.
- Quickly add stickers and drag and drop speech bubbles.
- Straighten photos and apply textures and filters to enhance your images.
- Add photo frames to images
- Add animated text.
- Templates sized for most social media platforms.
- Offers a desktop client for Mac and Windows, plus smartphone apps too.
2. Adobe Photoshop Express
Best free online photo and image editor for mobile.
Adobe Photoshop is the gold standard in image editing. So good that the name is used as a verb to describe image enhancement. Alongside their premium product, Adobe also offers a free smartphone image editor called Adobe Photoshop Express for editing on the go.
It’s free to download, and you can access the tool with a Google or Facebook account. The
Adobe Photoshop Express app lets you quickly improve your images using filters it calls ‘looks’. Plus, you can also add text, correct image faults like red-eye, and use textures to add that finishing touch.
A premium subscription package is available, which has more advanced tools like cloning and RAW image editing.
- Stich photos together to create a collage.
- Artistically blur parts of your photo.
- Straighten images with perspective correction.
- Blend your photos with creative textures.
- Remove haze and fog using an easy slider.
- Add captions to create meme style images.
One of the best free online image editors for influencers.
Instasize is the free online photo editor app for working with images before uploading them on social media. While the name hints it’s for Instagram, you can upload your edited image to any social platform.
There is a range of filters to improve your images instantly, and you can use layers to add backgrounds to your photos. What’s more, you can also add text, vintage overlays, and even edit short videos all on your smartphone.
If you don’t have the image you need, there is also a library of stock images to work from. The premium version includes 100+ filters not available in the free app and advanced beauty tools to fix blemishes, remove redness, and whiten teeth.
- Over 130 filters grouped by colour and type.
- Apply vintage overlays.
- Add a text layer to photo and video.
- Resize narrow images automatically.
- Hundreds of backgrounds.
- One-click presets to resize your image for different social platforms.
Best browser-based free image editor for a quick touch-up.
Pixlr is a suite of free online photo editing tools. It’s browser-based, so you can use it on any computer, and there is a mobile version you can use with your smartphone’s browser.
One helpful feature is the background removal tool. The tool uses AI to detect the main object of your photo and removes the rest of the image. You can then download the picture as a .png file with a transparent background to paste into another setting.
You can also touch up any image using a wide range of tools and apply filters and effects to transform your photo.
- Work with layers, objects, and custom brush sizes.
- Do complex edits in fewer steps using advanced tools.
- Includes pre-sized templates for the major social media platforms.
- Add stickers, borders, and text overlays.
- Remove backgrounds with an AI-powered one-click tool.
- Create flyers, business cards, and photo collages.
Best free online photo editor for one-click editing.
BeFunky is a free online photo editor that’s simple to use and easy to learn. It can apply lots of different effects to an image with a few clicks. One of the standout features is a ‘Cartoonizer’ which converts any photo into a cartoon with one click.
There are more businesslike tools as well. If you need to create brochures or flyers, BeFunky is an ideal tool for creatives to produce marketing assets quickly.
BeFunky is free to use, but if you want to access some of the more advanced tools, it costs $4.99 per month.
- Crop, resize, and remove backgrounds.
- Touch up tools to fix image problems.
- Convert any photo into a cartoon.
- Add texture to backgrounds or make them transparent.
- Hundreds of photo effects and filters.
- Batch image editing tool.
Best online image editor for novice users.
piZap is a browser-based free online photo editor. Free online photo editors like PiZap are easy to use and have four quick start icons at the top of the editor. You can work on an image uploaded from your computer, Facebook, or Dropbox. But if you don’t have the image you need, you can select from an extensive range of free stock images.
Once your image loads, you can apply filters, edit the colours, and add text and other overlays.
piZap is free to use for seven days, so you can utilise the tool’s full functionality after a quick registration process. If you want to keep on using the tool, it’s reasonably priced at $2.99 per month.
- Themed borders.
- Cut-out tool for removing an image background.
- Templates sized for popular social media platforms.
- Also works on iPad and smartphone.
- Apply text with special effects like glitter.
- Meme editor with a choice of popular templates.
Best free online photoshop-style tool.
Photopea is a free online photo editor that offers much of the functionality of a professional photoshop tool.
Free online photo editors like Photopea are ad-supported and free to use, but you will need some advanced photo editing experience to make the best use of the tool.
It is capable of working with .psd files, and you can also open .pdf files too. Plus, if you have a camera that shoots in RAW, Photopea is a good option for editing this format.
There is a paid version, but it only removes the ads and gives you a greater number of undo steps.
- Save and work in the file formats of professional photo software.
- Advanced tools like clone stamp healing.
- Work with layers and masks.
- Use smart objects to replicate layers.
- Draw vector graphics.
- Perfect for professional photo editors who can’t access their usual computer.
Best free online photo editor for one-click editing.
Fotor is a browser-based free online photo editor. Its simple to use controls and clean interface make it ideal for people unfamiliar with image editing. Free online photo editors like Fotor have helpful wizards that guide you through its main tools, meaning you can get up to speed quickly.
You can adjust colours, apply effects, and use portrait touch-up tools to improve your images with one click. Then you can add additional elements, like icons, shapes, and patterns.
Fotor provides cloud storage to keep your images safe. If you register for the paid version, you gain access to 1,000,000 stock images licensed for commercial use.
- Over 100 photo effects.
- Custom stickers and photo frames.
- Resize images and convert file formats.
- Create collages and stitch photos together.
- Work with RAW images.
- Short video tutorials that demonstrate the main features.
Harness the Power of Marketing Automation
We hope you find this list helps you pick the right tool for your image editing needs.
Is your business looking to leverage marketing automation as part of the wider marketing strategy? Or are you simply looking to change your marketing automation platform?
Swift Digital can share more resources and best practices relating to your industry and how they successfully use marketing automation
To find out how your business can get the best out of Swift Digital’s platform, contact our team today on 02 9929 7001