After all, we are human
Deep and Meaningfuls
Marketing is an art, just like design, just like music, it is an art of communication. The ability to show empathy and to empathise should be practiced in marketing, which also includes email marketing.
What is Empathy in Marketing?
Empathy in marketing is about putting yourself in the shoes of your customer. It’s about learning to understand how they feel, act, think as well as how they communicate. As a marketer, you can use empathetic insights in your content and communications.
”But my industry is very corporate, how can I show empathy?
Empathy in Email Marketing
Examples of Empathy in Email Marketing
- Understanding sensitive times for your subscribers
- Using conversational language in your emails
- Using language that your audience/readers or customers would use
- Using informal language (if appropriate)
- Championing subjects and beliefs of your audience (be sure to be genuine with this one)
- Humanising your content and emails