4 | Minute Read
Testing your emails (Email Testing) will ultimately help you highlight and fix any issues prior to the big send, helping to avoid the unwanted #FailMail. This month we explain the best way to test your documents using the SD suite as well as some tips on creating an email checklist
The importance of testing emails
Take a look at the Top 10 email clients as of March 2018
Apple iPad (10%)
Apple Mail (8%)
Samsung Mail (4%)
Yahoo! Mail (3%)
Google Android (3%)
Windows Live Mail (1%)
Some quick tips to consider when testing your emails
- Cross test across mobile and desktop.
- Cross test across different mobile devices; iPhone, Android, Windows etc.
- Cross test across email clients; Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.
Create email addresses in different email clients, then send to yourself to check they are rendering correctly.
- Alternatively, to the above; consider using some testing software programmes for assistance in cross testing. The ones we use in house include Email on Acid and Litmus
- Check punctuation, grammar and spelling – try reading your content in reverse!
- Check for broken links – Test by clicking them all, do they take you to the correct destination?
- Send test emails to a couple of your colleagues or friends as a second pair of eyes.
How do I test my emails using the SD suite?
So you have built your email. What next? Test. To do this in the SD suite, follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Firstly, in the composer module, save your document using the save button
Step 2: Secondly, again, in the composer module, click the button with the “test tube” icon to test your document.
Step 3: Enter in the email address that you would like to have the test email sent to and then hit ‘Send’.
And that’s all folks!