In the 21st century, potential customers have strayed far from traditional media like television, broadcast radio, and print. In an ever-changing environment, advertisers need to hit their customers on the go, wherever they are. SMS marketing can take your business to wherever your customers go. To be successful, it needs to be engaging. While bad SMS strategy can alienate customers, a savvy campaign prioritising SMS marketing engagement can build lifelong customer relationships.
What does SMS marketing mean?
SMS Marketing refers to the use of mobile text messages for promotional, transactional and communicative purposes. SMS Marketing often involves the publication of a text-message-based campaign to a target audience. This is made possible (and easy) with a SMS marketing platform.
A marketer may choose SMS over email when carrying out a campaign due to its immediacy and higher open rate. Recipients of an SMS campaign are 3 times more likely to open and respond than recipients of an email.
Is SMS marketing effective?
Current trends indicate that the effectiveness of SMS marketing is strong, and only getting stronger. This is because younger audiences have a higher rate of engagement with SMS than older cohorts. As time passes, the SMS marketing engagement can only improve, as SMS open rate averages are already sitting at a huge 98%.
Five Tips for Better SMS Marketing
- Offer real value. Use SMS to connect customers with coupons or information on deals exclusive to those getting the message. Customers love both saving money and knowing they can get an inside deal.
- Be helpful – use SMS for reminders and important information. Customers lead busy lives and appreciate reminders that their appointment is coming up. If there’s a last minute venue change for your event, a timely SMS notifying your attendees will be a welcome heads up.
- Use SMS to get feedback. Messages can request that customers take a brief poll on their experience or write a short review. Of course, these can be tied to offers of more coupons or exclusive deals to drive long-term connections.
- Make your Call to Action clear. Yes, you can include CTAs in your SMS marketing campaigns. As hyperlinks or buttons can’t be included in SMS, your CTA may be to visit a URL address, call a number, send an email, or reply with a YES or NO (or other shortcode). Whatever it is, make it unmissable for higher conversion rates.
- Capture attention with emojis. Text messages can be visually boring. Spice up your SMS campaign with the use of (appropriate) emojis. People often respond better to visual stimulus.
Get A Great SMS Marketing Plan
Businesses across Australia both large and small are perfecting SMS marketing as part of a broad-based digital effort to build their customer base. Do not get left behind while your competitors can potentially access every mobile phone in the country
Have you implemented an SMS Automation into your marketing campaign?
Here at Swift Digital, we can help you create the SMS campaign packed with the right features to make it a success!
To find out how your business can get the best out of Swift Digital’s platform, contact our Sales Team today on 02 9929 7001.